03/04/2007

03-04-07

Maxine Beuret http://www.maxinebeuret.com/pages/sempereadem.html

I came across her on the conscientious blog, I found her work very interesting because it observes and deals with everyday life , her photos are a documentation of how people live their daily lives but what I find interesting is that she never shows people who are actually living there, however from the objects alone you can image the kind of person who lives there. They nearly have a some what surreal feel to them as if they were set up. I especially enjoy the photos of her Semper Eadem collection. This is a collection of photos of public interiors which have stayed largely unchanged and there for they give you a sense of history.


The photos that I have of my grandmas house remind me a bit of this as it documents a ordinary Germans house nothing has changed been moved or renewed for years , I like the way every object has its place and a story to tell nothing is inexpesable. It does not just tell the history of my family but also a history of old German values.





..........................................................................................................................................................................








No comments: