14/05/2007

Memory

I have always been quite fascinated with what photos people decide to frame. I first wasn't sure if I nessarilliy wanted to take photos of photos but I think it says a lo t about the culture and the family relationships and the time period that we live in . When I was in thailnad I found it really interesting how every family dresses up for there photos and goes to a special photographer to get their photos taken . they almost look like icons or paintings at the end , very timeless as they always dress in traditional clothing.
The reason that I took this photo was mainly to capture the photo in the frame , it is one of my favourite objects in the house, I love that it shows my grandmother and her mother side by side because you can see that my grandmother is starting to look more and more like her mother as she gets older. I love spotting the obvious resemblance which you can only have with family members.

No comments: